About World of Agile and Effective PMC Pvt Ltd
- World of Agile is a brand owned by Effective PMC Pvt Ltd.
- Effective Project Management Consultancy (Effective PMC) was founded in 2009 and specializes in providing professional training services on Project Management related certifications.
- In the last 7 years, Effective PMC has trained more than 10K+ professionals from various verticals on certifications by Project Management Institute (PMI)® Such as Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® other certifications like SCRUM, PRINCE2, ITIL, MICROSOFT PROJECT and many students have passed PMP® examination after attending our courses
- Currently, Effective PMC trains on industry recognized certifications
- Agile Scrum Master (ASM) by EXIN
- DevOps Master by EXIN
- PMP® Credential offered by by PMI®
- PMI-ACP® Credential offered by PMI®
- PROFESSIONAL SCRUM MASTER (By www.scrum.org)
- PRINCE2® (Credential offered by Cabinet Office UK)
- ITIL® (Credential offered by Cabinet Office UK)
- Lean Six Sigma (By APMG International and Lean Six Sigma Academy)
- Microsoft Project 2013
- Effective PMC is Global Registered Education Provider of PMI®
- Effective PMC is also among the select group of organizations who are Accredited by APMG-International , Peoplecert UK, and EXIN Netherlands to administer training workshops as well as conduct examinations on ASM, DevOps Master, PRINCE2®, ITIL® and LEAN-SIX-SIGMA
- Following are the modes of training that EPMC provides
- Classroom Model
- e-Learning (Self Learning)
- Virtual Classrooms
- Corporate Training
- EPMC operates in the following cities
- There are 3 directors for Effective PMC, who also train on courses offered by Effective PMC
- Mr. Sateesh Kamat, B.Tech (IIT Kharagpur), PMP
- Ms. Vaijayantee Kamat, Masters in Economics (Mumbai), PMP
- Mr. Amit Kulkarni, B.E. (VJTI Mumbai), CSP, CSM, CSPO, PMP, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2® Practitioner, Lean Six Sigma, SAFE Agilist
“World of Agile” is also a Scrum Alliance endorsed community of like minded people.
Need for this community
IT industry has changed from what it was 20 years back. Some of the major changes observed are
- The industry itself has become very fast paced. The pace at which the changes happen are fast and automatically, the IT systems have to follow suit and need to change and adapt fast.
- The competition is fierce and end users are un-forgiving. Therefore the systems have to be adapted as per customer needs very fast.
- The supplier-customer relationships have also changed. No more are the customers looking at suppliers as vendors. The customers see the vendors more as partners who share the successes and also the failures.
“Change, Change Fast or die” is the mantra of the day. These changes have put tremendous pressure on the IT systems and people.
The traditional way of doing things puts in added pressure on the people to adapt at the same time deliver what has been defined in the contract.
Agile can address most of the issues that the IT Teams and Customers face – and there are already a lot of things which have happened which makes the enablement of Agile much easier than what in 2007-2010.
However, it is also seen that the awareness of Scrum in the market is not that high – especially in India. People still think it is hype. People still think it is just a wrapper over the traditional lifecycle and end up waterfalling the sprints. Lot of effort has to be put in to convince people that there is an alternative way of doing things. The questions asked by fellow practitioners still point towards the distrust of management over people, still point towards contracts and still point towards not having a project manager means heading for disaster.
At the end of the day, we also see people walking out feeling happy that there is something happening which may change their lives. Management and Customers may really trust the team going forward and the team might not hear that dreaded remark that “This is not what I wanted” from the customer after putting in that immense amount of effort and sacrifice of staying away from near and dear ones.
If people share the inspiration and the experiences with each other then it will make a considerable difference to the lives of people and also the satisfaction that they will get by delivering what Customer “really wants”.
Fascinating World of Agile is a small humble attempt to spread awareness of Agile in the community.
Scrum User Group Logo is Registered Trademark of Scrum Alliance Inc. Fascinating World of Agile is Trademark of Effective PMC Pvt Ltd